Now for something really important; apparently thieves stole millions of dollars of the countries limited supply of Maple Syrup. The sticky heist took place at a strategic secure warehouse in Quebec and the Quebec police are on the job.
This was one quarter of the Quebec supply which is stored in 3 separate locations to keep supplies up and prices stable. As Quebec produces three quarters of the worlds supply and that supply is critical for all of the worlds pancake lovers the price of the sweet liquid is expected to rise.
- $30 million in Maple Syrup stolen in massive Quebec heist (thestar.com)
- Millions of dollars in maple syrup stolen (news.blogs.cnn.com)
- Sticky fingers: Thieves make off with $30M in maple syrup in Quebec (theprovince.com)
- Maple Heist (jwz.org)
- Apparently There’s A Global Strategic Maple Syrup Reserve, And Someone Stole It (consumerist.com)
- Sweet score: Thieves pilfer millions in maple syrup (ctvnews.ca)